Thursday, April 5, 2018

Me, Mummy & Mum

Me, Mummy & Mum 
by Gemma Denham 
Language: English 
Elizabeth Publications, 2018. 
32 p. : col. ill. ; cm. 
ISBN: 099355797X ; 9780993557972 
Summary: Hello, my name is Jeremy. This is my Mum, and my Mummy. And this is Peg, she is our cat. She’s rather old, and rather fat. This is my story come with me, And find out about my family. And all the things we like to do, I’m sure you like to do them too! ‘Me, Mummy & Mum’ is a story about Jeremy and his two mums. The book doesn’t ‘teach’ the reader about alternative families. It simply includes them like any other story book about a mummy and daddy would. One of the nice things about children’s books is that they build self-confidence by normalising children's experiences. Everyone should have a chance to see their family represented in the books they read, however many mums or dads they have. All families should be celebrated, and all children should be taught that families come in so many different combinations. 
Available: https://www.amazon.com/Me-Mummy-Mum-Gemma-Denham/dp/099355797X/

No comments:

Post a Comment